Sunday, May 27, 2012

Project Assessment Form (Super Rough Draft)

To begin this post I must first apologize for it being a day late. The night before last I didn't get to bed until around 3am due to work reasons and the next day I woke up went straight to work, came home and fell asleep before finishing this post.

I am really going to need a lot of feedback on this one (Please and Thank You). This project has gotten me all sorts of depressed since it required me to spend a whole lot of time and attention dedicated to everything I don't have figured out yet. I don't know how much I want to charge for every service, I don't know which services I do and don't want to offer, I don't know how much it's going to cost me to offer every service, I don't know what the best way to organize this form is, and I dont know if I should split this thing into packages or do everything on a per client per project basis.

What am I even talking about, you ask? Well I needed to create a project assessment form that I could take to clients and fill out during our first meeting so I could quickly get a handle of everything the client needs and quickly work up an appropriate price for the service. This form is more or less a giant check list of what the client needs produced along with a set price for each service (or in cases where a set price is infeasible, a blank space to fill in information relevant to pricing). At the bottom there is a place to tally up the total cost (or give a best estimate). Creating this form is very challenging because there are a lot of variables to consider when setting my pricing, and that doesn't even address the issues with organizing the form to avoid redundancy.

Enough talking, here is the first draft:



 Obviously I have a lot of work cut out for me. Any suggestions for how I should arrange the form? Am I missing key variables?


No comments:

Post a Comment