Sunday, June 10, 2012

Logo Design Progress

It's about time I updated you on what's going on with Jacci's logo.

Jacci asked me to create a version of my logo that looked more like a melalueca leaf, as apposed to the one I originally had. So this is what I've come up with.



The difference between these three black and white versions is the stroke width of the white in the center of the leaf. Otherwise, they are all the same.

We've been discussing color and she likes the idea of a gold and green color scheme (yellow-green analogous). So I've been playing around with colors and these are what I have so far.




Bright Green and Gold






Dark Blue Green and Dark Gold





Dark Blue Green and Light Green






Dark Green and Light Green






Yellow Green, Dark Green stroke, and Yellow Gold










Jacci sent me an image of a globe and asked if I could make it the dot above the J. I'm hesitant to do this because a globe is a fairly complicated bit of imagery for such a small part of the logo. My fear is that a globe will not scale down nicely making an icon sized version of the logo look bad. This would be a violation of my 7 pillars of good logo design.

Obviously for copyright reasons I can't use the image that she sent me as the dot, but I am going to be creating my own globe and trying to make it VERY simple to lessen scalability issues. I am worried about this idea but what the client wants, the client gets.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool! I personally like the Bright Green and Gold color on the logo. Maybe you should tell her your concerns and try work something else out? --Cris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with you anonymous! If you think it won't work than I do trust Mr. Covert's judgement. I happen to agree with you on personally liking the bright green and gold color. I find I'm having a small issue with the pointedness of the leave and it needing to be more soft, however I don't know if that would work. I do appreciate all you are doing Mr. Covert!! Thanks, Jacci

    ReplyDelete