Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Good News!

So acting on a hunch of Darlene's I re-evaluated my design of Jacci's leaf, did some heavy redesign work to make it look more,"wispy", and Jacci loved the outcome. No more artist's block for me! I also turned the dot of the J into a globe because Jacci wanted to see that as well. Here is what it currently looks like:

I may end up doing some very slight changes to this before I'm happy (the kind you wouldn't notice unless you had someone point them out to you while you were looking at a before and after image) with it. The next step is to translate it into color. Jacci already reviewed the last set of color choices I threw at her and preferred the more green and gold looking version. So I'll be taking those colors and making a lot of subtle variations of them and giving them to jacci to look at. I'm also considering looking into adding some heavy vector color work into my logo design process. The flat colors just aren't doing it for the clients and I agree with them. I need to find some advanced illustrator coloring techniques learning material to consume before I try to just do it on my own though. Otherwise I'll be wasting too much time for a crappy looking product.

In other news, I may have picked up a new client. This one is unique in that rather than needing 1 brand for one store, he may end up needing multiple brands for multiple products. This client is also unique in that he has his own clients. I'll be helping him with both his own work and his client's. He is a very talented artist himself, so the work I do for him may end up being less in the arena of producing art and more in the arena of marketing consulting.

So how do you feel about the new logo design for Jacci? Are you excited to see what ideas I have for coloring it?

1 comment:

  1. I really love what you have done with this and adding my world in. I'm back in town so you can give me a call this weekend or next week. Thanks for all the great ideas!!! Jacci

    ReplyDelete